- 1 - Fenix HL30 LED Headlamp
- 1 - Headband
- 2 - Alkaline Batteries
- 1 - Spare O-ring
- 1 - User manual
- 1 - Warranty Card
Fenix HL30 2018 User Manual
General switch: controls ON/OFF, output selection and mode switching on General mode.
Functional switch: controls ON/OFF, output selection and mode switching on Functional mode.
Press and hold the General switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on the lamp (Eco is factory default, no memory), with the lamp switched on, press any switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the lamp.
With the lamp switched on, single click the General switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
Press and hold the Functional switch for 0.5 seconds to turn on the lamp (Red is factory default, no memory), with the lamp switched on, press any switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the lamp.
With the lamp switched on, single click the Functional switch to cycle through Red→SOS→Red Flash.
With the lamp switched on General mode, single click the Functional switch to enter Functional mode; with the lamp switched on Functional mode, single click the General switch to enter General mode.
Lock: with the lamp switched off, press any switch or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds. Lamp will switch off and 4 2Hz blinks will indicate locked status.
Unlock: with the lamp switched off, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds. The lamp will be unlocked and activated on Red after 4 2Hz blinks.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the headlamp will activate 4 2Hz blinks on Red to indicate locked status
1. Pull battery cover latch that is located between the switches to open the tail cap.
2. Insert the batteries in accordance with the polarity marks.
3. Replace the battery cap.
Notice: The headband is factory assembled by default.
Step 1: Attach the headband to the headlamp as shown (Pic 1), by first sliding the band down to the bottom of the slots. Then hook the top edge under the top slot.
Step 2: Adjust the headband by sliding the buckle to required length.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the headlamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix strongly recommends using quality rechargeable Ni-MH battery, alkaline battery will shorten the runtime with the lamp switched on high output.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The batteries need replacing.
Solution: Replace batteries (Ensure batteries are inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact your authorized distributor.
1 x Headband, 2 x AA batteries, 1 x Spare O-ring, 1 x User manual, 1 x Warranty card
The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone’s eyes